As mentioned in the last School Council meeting, anyone who wishes to register a complaint to the police about a traffic incident can do so by filling in the form and taking the form to the police station.
The complaint form has been posted on the web site at http://bowmoresc.com/forms/#police_forms.
1. SEAC/PIAC Conference – April 16th. All day event. Free. Childcare provided. At Exhibition place.
2. The French as a Second Language Advisory Committee’s next meeting is scheduled for February 9th at 7pm at 5050 Yong Street. Everyone is welcome.
View the website for the FSLAC.
3. The PIAC Appreciation Dinner is scheduled for February 25th from 6-9 pm.
View the invite
4. PIAC is looking for parents to sit on an interview panel for vice principal hiring. The next training day is February 9th.
The info on the can be found at http://www.torontopiac.com/news–calendar.html
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
– Feb 10 – Connecting with your teens
– Feb 12 – PA Day
– Feb 15- Family Day
– Feb 17 – ADHD
– Feb 16, 17 – FDK registration
– Feb 18 – Cyber Awareness school pres (Gr 7/8)
– Feb 19 – Pizza Lunch
– Feb 24 – Cyber Awareness
– Feb 26 – Movie Night (tentative)
– March 14-18 – March Break
– March 25 – Good Friday
– March 28 – Easter Monday
– April 2- Bowmore Toronto Marlies Game
– April 15 – PA Day
– April 22 – Pizza Lunch
– May 23 – Victoria Day
– June 10 – PA Day
– June 17 – Bowmore FUN-raiser Carnival
– June 29 – Last day of school
Bowmore School Council recently launced a direct donation pilot program to determine if there is an appetite in our community for this type of fundraising. This program will allow families who wish to participate the opportunity to directly donate to enrichment program funding. Similar programs are currently offered in a number of other schools throughout the TDSB, and Bowmore School Council has received feedback from families who would welcome such a program.
If successful, the program will launch at the beginning of each school year. It is intended to run for 30 days but donations to the school council will be welcome all year long.
Bowmore School Council fundraising goes toward valuable learning opportunities in the way of enrichment programs that compliment TDSB curriculum. School Council funded enrichment programming includes: special science (eg. Scientists in the Classroom), theatre, and music programs, as well as athletics and other school initiatives. Enrichment benefits all students from JK to grade 8.
Donations of $25 and greater are tax deductible. Cheques are payable to TDSB-Bowmore P.S.
Please support our efforts to fund enrichment programs at Bowmore and donate.
View the brochure here
SAVE THE DATE: April 2nd at 5 pm
Bowmore at Toronto Marlies Game
A community event to support School Spirit and Eco School.
Game tickets and other prizes will be awarded for Eco Initiatives.
Tickets: $30 each
Further information will be posted as it is finalized.
The list of teams and clubs has been updated for Winter 2016. View it at http://bowmoresc.com/school-teams-and-clubs/.