This free event includes a potluck dinner in the senior cafeteria, entertainment show and fun activities in the senior gym. Bring your favourite cultural dish to share at the potluck along with your own reusable plates, utensils and cups.
Get ready to learn some funky moves from Cornerstone Studios including: Afro Caribbean, Bhangra, Bollywood and Breaking! Enjoy some Middle Eastern and Celtic Dancing before ‘jumping up’ to the beats of the Afropan Steel Band Pannists. Try on traditional clothing at our ‘dress up’ station and take a picture of you and your friends or try your hand at one of our other activity stations. Plus, our free raffle is back with lots of great prizes! You don’t want to miss this fun evening of celebrating the diversity of our wonderful Bowmore community!!
Volunteers are needed for 30 minute shifts. If you can spare a little bit of time to help make this fantastic event a success, please contact Shelly Baboolall for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Facebook page: Bowmore Multicultural Potluck.
Thursday, November 6th, 2014, 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Mme Erin Riddle (Teacher) &
Mme Linda Taillefer (Vice Principal)
- Registration Process
- Classroom Routines
- French Immersion Policies and Procedures
The Bowmore Administration, Guidance Counselor, Parent Involvement Advisory Committee, and Trustee have several announcements to make.
From our Administration, the first file is about a study that is going to be conducted and the second & third files are about a change in the catchment area for Gifted-Intensive Support Programs for Northern Secondary School:
- From October 2014 to May 2015, Statistics Canada will be inviting 7,000 families with children aged 4 -17 years to complete an interview in their home. At the same time, McMaster researchers will be conducting School Mental Health Surveys in 240 Ontario schools to help us learn new ways of promoting and addressing student mental health needs. 2014-OntarioHealthStudyNewsletter
- Because the Gifted-Intensive Support Program at Northern Secondary School is significantly over capacity, the TDSB decided to make offers of placement to Northern Secondary School based on geography and the home address of the student regardless of the feeder school program. For students that reside in an area South of St. Clair, West of Bathurst and East of JaneStreet, offers of placement will be made for students to attend the existing Gifted-Intensive Support Program at Western Technical Commercial School during the Spring IPRC process. November 2014 Gifted Letter to Parents
From our Trustee, there will be a Ward 16 Meeting at Crescent Town Elementary School. Special guest Donna Quan, Director of Education. Ward 16 Council Meeting Flyer 11.3.2014
From our Guidance Counselor, Kelley Miller-Caise, we have two announcements:
- Wed Nov 5, 2014. Bowmore. 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM. Information Night for Parents of Students with Special Needs in the TDSB Nov 5th Parent PD
- Wed Dec 3, 2014. D. A. Morrison 6:30 PM. For grade 8 students transitioning to grade 9. myBlueprint parent flyer 2014
This month’s movie feature is Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Doors open 6:00 pm, Movie starts 6:30 pm
Junior Gym- enter through side door (under the bridge)
Suggested donation $2 per person
Pizza $2/slice Juice $1
All money raised helps to support Bowmore student enrichment programs.
Don’t forget your camp chairs!
This will be a terrific opportunity to hear updates from our school principal, Lori McKay, about what lies ahead this school year.
Your participation matters! Every parent attending a meeting, whether or not they have an executive role on council, has an equal right to vote and participate. Come join us and make your voice heard!
Welcome and Call for New Business (2 minutes)
Approval of Minutes from May 2014 meeting (2 minutes)
Upcoming Dates (2 minutes) Tentative BSC meeting dates – 3rd week Nov, 3rd week Jan, 4th week Feb, 3rd week April, 3rd week May
Principal’s Report (Lori McKay) (10 minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (Martin Haardt) (20 minutes)
a. Review of 2013/14 Budget (attached to May 2014 meeting minutes)
b. Review of 2014/15 Budget
c. Vote on 2014/15 Budget Expenses
Fundraising and Community Activities (10 minutes)
a. New and ongoing Fundraising – Lori Malik (5 minutes)
b. Multicultural Potluck – Shelly Baboollal (5 minutes)
c. P.E.P. – Connie Crane (2 minutes)
Review and Approval of School Statement of Need (SSON) (5 minutes)
Positions still available on Council: (5 minutes)
Eco Team (to work with 3 school staff)
Bake Sale Coordinator
Grant writing team
QSP Report – Jennifer Hermanson Peturson (5 minutes)
Movie Nights (Krista Nolan) (2 minutes)
Full-Day Kindergarten (FDK) Committee – Ruth Lee (10 minutes)