The Ward 16 November newsletter has been sent by our trustee Sheila Cary-Meagher. Ward 16 November 2014 Newsletter
Please join us for the next Bowmore School Council Meeting!
Wednesday, November 26, 6 – 8 pm in the school cafeteria
At each meeting, we provide free child care and pizza, to make it easier for all parents to attend.
Meetings include a report from council, a report from Principal McKay, news about what’s happening in our school community and voting on any budget or activity decisions.
Join us! All parents have an equal voice and vote!
(All meetings run 6 pm – 8 pm and are held in the cafeteria)
- Wednesday, November 26
- Tuesday, January 27
- Thursday, February 26
- Tuesday, March 31
- Thursday, May 7
- Tuesday, June 9 (Tentative date for voting if a June meeting is needed)
This free event includes a potluck dinner in the senior cafeteria, entertainment show and fun activities in the senior gym. Bring your favourite cultural dish to share at the potluck along with your own reusable plates, utensils and cups.
Get ready to learn some funky moves from Cornerstone Studios including: Afro Caribbean, Bhangra, Bollywood and Breaking! Enjoy some Middle Eastern and Celtic Dancing before ‘jumping up’ to the beats of the Afropan Steel Band Pannists. Try on traditional clothing at our ‘dress up’ station and take a picture of you and your friends or try your hand at one of our other activity stations. Plus, our free raffle is back with lots of great prizes! You don’t want to miss this fun evening of celebrating the diversity of our wonderful Bowmore community!!
Volunteers are needed for 30 minute shifts. If you can spare a little bit of time to help make this fantastic event a success, please contact Shelly Baboolall for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Facebook page: Bowmore Multicultural Potluck.
Thursday, November 6th, 2014, 6:00pm to 7:00pm
Mme Erin Riddle (Teacher) &
Mme Linda Taillefer (Vice Principal)
- Registration Process
- Classroom Routines
- French Immersion Policies and Procedures
The Bowmore Administration, Guidance Counselor, Parent Involvement Advisory Committee, and Trustee have several announcements to make.
From our Administration, the first file is about a study that is going to be conducted and the second & third files are about a change in the catchment area for Gifted-Intensive Support Programs for Northern Secondary School:
- From October 2014 to May 2015, Statistics Canada will be inviting 7,000 families with children aged 4 -17 years to complete an interview in their home. At the same time, McMaster researchers will be conducting School Mental Health Surveys in 240 Ontario schools to help us learn new ways of promoting and addressing student mental health needs. 2014-OntarioHealthStudyNewsletter
- Because the Gifted-Intensive Support Program at Northern Secondary School is significantly over capacity, the TDSB decided to make offers of placement to Northern Secondary School based on geography and the home address of the student regardless of the feeder school program. For students that reside in an area South of St. Clair, West of Bathurst and East of JaneStreet, offers of placement will be made for students to attend the existing Gifted-Intensive Support Program at Western Technical Commercial School during the Spring IPRC process. November 2014 Gifted Letter to Parents
From our Trustee, there will be a Ward 16 Meeting at Crescent Town Elementary School. Special guest Donna Quan, Director of Education. Ward 16 Council Meeting Flyer 11.3.2014
From our Guidance Counselor, Kelley Miller-Caise, we have two announcements:
- Wed Nov 5, 2014. Bowmore. 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM. Information Night for Parents of Students with Special Needs in the TDSB Nov 5th Parent PD
- Wed Dec 3, 2014. D. A. Morrison 6:30 PM. For grade 8 students transitioning to grade 9. myBlueprint parent flyer 2014