Bowmore School Council Elections:
The School Council Executive is made up of elected roles – some of which can be held by multiple people:
- Co-Chair – maximum of 2 (Vacant)
- Treasurer (Vacant)
- Secretary (Vacant)
- Communication Co-ordinator (Vacant)
- Receive all funds and process Reimbursement Requests, Deposit Slips, and Officer Signature Forms.
- Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as requested by the school council or the school board.
- Act as the primary signing officer for banking transactions.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for presentation at the school council meetings.
- In conjunction with the Principal, prepare the required annual documents for the Board.
- Prepare annual reports for signatures and submit them to the Board.
- Attends and takes minutes at each School Council Meeting.
- Prepares minutes for draft review before each subsequent meeting.
- Works with the Communications Co-ordinator to ensure their publications are approved for the school council website.
- Ensure that minutes of council meetings are recorded and maintained.
- Keep a file of the council meeting minutes in the school office.
- Manages websites, e-blasts and social media.
- Frequent computer access required.
- This role can be shared.
We hope you will consider running for the School Council Executive this year. If you are interested in any of the Council positions (Treasurer, Secretary, Communication Co-ordinator), please complete your ballot online HERE. Should you require a paper ballot, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Self Nomination. Important DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Nomination Opens: Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Nomination Closes: Tuesday, October 12th @ 4:00 PM (late entries will not be accepted)
- Elected Candidates Announced: Thursday, October 21st (second council meeting)
Upcoming Bowmore School Council Meetings: (Subject to Change):
When: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: We’re going virtual again this year. Meetings will be held virtually on Zoom.
- Thursday, Oct 21, 2021
- Thursday, Nov 26, 2021
- Thursday, Jan 20, 2022
- Thursday, Feb 24, 202
- Thursday, Apr 7 2022
- Thursday, May 26 2022
Join us! We would like to encourage you to come out and be part of the discussion. Bowmore School Council meetings are generally held once a month, during the week. Our meetings are open to all school parents/caregivers.