Bowmore School Council Elections:
The School Council Executive is made up of elected roles – some of which can be held by multiple people:
- Co-Chair – maximum of 2 (Currently filled by Jody Sadofsky & Alexis Jennings)
- Treasurer (Vacant)
- Secretary (Vacant)
- Communication Co-ordinator (Vacant)
- Receive all funds and process Reimbursement Requests, Deposit Slips, and Officer Signature Forms.
- Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as requested by the school council or the school board.
- Act as the primary signing officer for banking transactions.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for presentation at the school council meetings.
- In conjunction with the Principal, prepare the required annual documents for the Board.
- Prepare annual reports for signatures and submit them to the Board.
- Attends and takes minutes at each School Council Meeting.
- Prepares minutes for draft review before each subsequent meeting.
- Works with the Communications Co-ordinator to ensure their publications are approved for the school council website.
- Ensure that minutes of council meetings are recorded and maintained.
- Keep a file of the council meeting minutes in the school office.
- Manages websites, e-blasts and social media.
- Frequent computer access required.
- This role can be shared.
We hope you will consider running for the School Council Executive this year. If you are interested in any of the Council positions (Treasurer, Secretary, Communication Co-ordinator), please complete your ballot online HERE. Should you require a paper ballot, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Self Nomination.
Important Dates To Remember:
Nomination Opens: Wednesday September 23, 2020
Nomination Closes: Wednesday, October 7th @ 4:00 PM (late entries will not be accepted)
Candidates will be Announced: Thursday, October 8, 2020
Election Day: Wednesday, October 14 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Elected Candidates Announced: Thursday, October 15 (first council meeting).
We would like to encourage you to come out and be part of the discussion. Meetings are generally held once a month, during the week, 6-8pm. Our meetings are open to all school parents/guardians.
Upcoming Bowmore School Council Meetings: (Subject to Change):
When: 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: We’re going virtual this year. Meetings will be held virtually on Zoom. We will be sending out an email in the next coming weeks with meeting details and the link.
1.) Thursday, Oct 15, 2020
2.) Thursday, Nov 19, 2020
3.) Thursday, Jan 21, 2021
4.) Thursday, Feb 25, 2021
5.) Thursday, Apr 8 2021
6.) Thursday, May 27 2021