September 25, 2015
We always have volunteer opportunities for interested parents! To discuss what opportunity might be the best for your time availability & interests, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have questions about dates or times of events, but do not wish to volunteer, please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Police background checks are now mandatory for all persons over the age of 18 who volunteer in TDSB schools or are in contact with students more than three times in a school year. This includes parents volunteering for School Council organized events, field trips, special events, etc. Some jobs below will require this and some jobs won’t; for those that do, please read Police Background Check to find out how to complete your check.
Examples of volunteering opportunities include the following:
- Bowmore School Council positions
- Bake sales
- Hot chocolate sales
- Freezie sales
- Bowmore Carnival
- Grant applications and implementation
- LEGO club
- Lice check
- Parental Outreach Coordinators coordinate submitting the PRO grant and figuring out what types of outreach or community activities would be most widely attended. Then they book the workshop/activity. The funds for this role are available through the TDSB in order to encourage the development and running of community based events and activities.
- Pizza Lunch
- Scholastic Book Fair
- School Play
- Staff Appreciation Lunch
- Volunteer Coordinators maintain a contact list and help event organizers with contacting and recruiting volunteers.
- Multicultural Potluck
- Make-it Fair
- Bowmore Rocks
- Spirit Wear orders
- Terry Fox run (run by School not Council)
- Primary Play Day (run by School not Council)
- Donations of food/drinks for bake sales, Carnival
- Donations of soup for Curriculum Night
- Handing out snack daily to students (run by School not Council)