Because there’s a lot happening this month, we thought we’d summarize the dates listed in our June School Newsletter for those of you who haven’t had a chance to read it yet.
13 – Staff Lunch
14 – Primary Play Day
15 – Volunteer appreciation tea. Invitations will be sent via classroom teachers! (8:00 AM)
16 – Bowmore Carnival (3:00 PM – 7:00 PM)
20 – Primary Swim Meet – Parent volunteers NEEDED. Email Jason.Fenton@tdsb.on.ca or Tom.Snowden@tdsb.on.ca if you are interested in helping out. (9:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
21 – Junior Swim Meet – Parent volunteers NEEDED. Email Jason.Fenton@tdsb.on.ca or Tom.Snowden@tdsb.on.ca if you are interested in helping out. (9:00 AM to 3:00 PM)
21 – 22 Grade 8 Graduation Trip
23 – Grade 6 dance (PM)
23 – Grade 4 and 5 Beach Day (PM)
26 – Grade 8 Report cards go home
27 – Grade 7 Play Day (AM)
27 – Grade 8 Graduation (Arrival @ auditorium by 8:45 AM. Ceremoney to begin @ 9:30 AM)
29 – Last day of school
29 – JK to Grade 7 reports go home
30 – PA Day (No School)
The City of Toronto wanted to update us on some planned upgrades. See their message below and you can also download the official notice, which is available as images at the end of this post.
From the City of Toronto:
The school year may be coming to an end, but we wanted to let local schools know that the connection from Newbold Avenue to Beaton Avenue will be undergoing trail improvements this summer. Proposed construction (see sketch below) includes removal of existing timber steps and installation of new elevated boardwalk, gently sloping trail, and retaining wall. These works are scheduled to start in June and expected to be completed by mid-August.
Newbold Ravine – plan view
Working together with TRCA and RNFP, our objective is to provide improved public access along the trail, while protecting the ravine’s trees and natural environment.
Construction Notices (see attached) are being posted and circulated to the adjacent residents. Please see the project website (see Upcoming Projects tab) for additional information, or feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Filed under Community, News
Hello fellow parents and guardians of Bowmore students.
It’s time to show our appreciation for the wonderful teachers, administrators, and support staff at Bowmore. These dedicated individuals are committed to making our childrens’ days fruitful and fun.
In return, we are planning a staff luncheon on June 13, 2017. We are looking for volunteers to make main dishes, salads, sides, and dessert. Please let us know what you are sending, and label your dish and include serving utensils! No nut products please.
We also need volunteers to help set-up and clean-up.
Please e-mail Nancy Botelho at email@example.com to indicate what you can do to make the day a success.
Thank you in advance for all that you do for Bowmore.
Bowmore Carnival Fun-raiser is in need of volunteers!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what time you are available to volunteer. We need people for 1 hour shifts for the following:
- Face Painting,
- Cake Walk,
- Bake Sale,
- Snacks and Refreshment Stand,
- Ticket Sales,
- Clean-up (After 7pm)
Alternatively, please donate some baked goods for the Bake Sale or cakes for the Cake Walk.
The TDSB sent out an email to people who gave their email addresses to them. For anyone who didn’t, FYI.
Welcome to TDSB Connects, an update on news and events from across the Toronto District School Board.
- Director and Chair Q&A: Join us on Monday, June 12 at 7 p.m. for the final webcast of the 2016-17 school year! Director of Education, John Malloy and Board Chair, Robin Pilkey will be available to answer your questions live.
- Confronting Racism and Discrimination: Read the Director’s recent message about how the TDSB is tackling these tough issues to improve equity and access for our students.
- Mental Health and Well-Being: Did you miss the webcast about Mental Health and Well-being? You can still watch and gain valuable insights into how to access system resources to support your child.
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) Survey: If you are a parent/guardian of a current or former TDSB student with special needs, SEAC would like to hear about your experiences and ideas as they make recommendations on how to improve Special Education at the TDSB. Complete the SEAC Survey.
- Parent Engagement: Learn more about how the Parent Involvement Advisory Committee (PIAC) works to strengthen the relationship between parents, students, teachers, administrators, staff, school councils, Trustees and the community.
- Bike to School Week: Let’s get rolling! Bike to School Week at the TDSB kicks off today. Research demonstrates that active school travel helps kids do better in school while getting the exercise they need.
- Summer Programs: Learn more about summer programs available at the TDSB for children, youth and adults.
- District and Local News: Stay informed about district-wide news through TDSB Update and sign up for your Trustee’s newsletter for local information and events.
- School Year Calendar: The last day of school for elementary students is June 29, 2017. For secondary students, the last day of school is June 27, 2017 (full-year) or June 28, 2017 (semestered). Take a look at next year’s School Year Calendar for important dates and holidays for 2017-18.
||You have received this email because your email address is affiliated with the Toronto District School Board. If you have no affiliation with the Toronto District School Board and have received this email in error, please email SisSupport@TDSB.ON.CA. If you no longer wish to receive emails which may sometimes contain content of commercial nature from us, click Unsubscribe. You will continue to receive other announcement and emergency notices. If you change your mind please click here to re-subscribe