September nominations are for key positions on the Executive. To nominate yourself, download this self-nomination form, fill it out and drop it off in the school office no later than September 24, 2015. Printed forms are also available in the school office.
Key Executive Positions Available For September Elections
- Chair or Co-Chairs – Provide leadership and guidance to the Executive
Committee and liaise with the Principal and Vice Principals on School Council related school matters. Responsibilities also include overseeing School Council initiatives and providing guidance and support to sub-committees, chairing School Council meetings (minimum of four per a year) including leading the development of meeting agendas, and representing School Council at various external TDSB meetings.
- Secretary – The Secretary attends and takes minutes at each School Council meeting. The Secretary prepares these minutes for draft review before each subsequent meeting, and works with the Communications Coordinator to ensure their publication in approved form on the School Council website.
- Fundraising Chair – The Fundraising Chair organizes fundraising activities, by coordinating and implementing a fundraising plan that is decided upon by School Council by the end of October. Funds raised in this role are key to student enrichment activities at Bowmore.
- Ward 16 Representative – Attends Ward 16 Trustee meetings and reports on learnings at School Council meetings.
- Communications Coordinator – Manages website, e-blasts, social media and School Council newsletter submissions. Frequent computer access required. This role can be shared.
- Eco Lead – Work closely with the school administration, teachers, and student green team to implement “green” initiatives (i.e. shoreline clean up, litter audits, litterless lunch and no-idling campaigns). Other responsibilities include: Assemble and coordinate parent Green Team, update parent council on green team activities, identify potential grant opportunities, develop content for the monthly school newsletter, help school to develop Eco-school binder and be present for audits.
- Members-at-Large – Contribute to BSC by actively participating in Council activities and initiatives; spearheading specific projects that enrich the Bowmore community. Roles may be developed depending on school needs and applicant’s interests and skills. Examples of such roles implemented to date include Movie Night Coordinator, Green Team Lead and Communications Support.
Volunteering is always welcome at Bowmore! We are always in need of dedicated parent volunteers who can provide support in a variety of ways, including Pizza Lunch Volunteer, Movie Night Volunteer, QSP and Fundraising Volunteers and much more! Please think about your interests and time availability, and contact us at one of the following:
- Email: BowmoreSC@gmail.com
- Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/BowmoreSC
- Web site: http://www.BowmoreSC.com
We have lots of ideas for ways parents can help at Bowmore!