Three announcements from the TDSB and Toronto Public Health:
- EQAO this year
- Grade 7 and 8 immunization on Wednesday May 20 in the morning
- STEM conference for parents
Please join us at the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Parent Conference taking place on Saturday June 6th, 2015 at Richview Collegiate Institute, 1738 Islington Ave, Etobicoke, ON M9A 3N2 from 9am – 2:30pm. The theme of the conference is “Empowering Parents to Inspire the Next Generation of STEM Professionals.”
The STEM Parent Conference will have 5 main areas of interest: Workshops, Expert Panel Discussion, Marketplace/ Exhibits, Creative Corner and Kidz Zone Child-minding.
Conference discussions will include: Coding, Aviation, Dinosaurs/ Archaeology and Paleontology, Engineering and Robotics, Making math fun, Breaking-down gender and media stereotypes, Lego Robotics, Alternative education pathways, STEM grades K-12, Youth in STEM, and much more…
While in Kidz Zone Child Minding, children ages 3-12 will also engage in fun STEM based activities such as: Science Exploration, Robotics, Aviation Consoles and more…
Here is a brief overview of the day:
09:00am -10:00am Registration with refreshments
10:00am -10:30am Opening remarks and Keynote
10:30am -12:30pm Workshops and Creative Corner
12:30pm – 01:00pm Lunch/ Exhibits
01:00pm – 02:20pm Panel and question period
02:20pm – 02:30pm Closing Remarks
02:30pm Thank You’s and Closing
Here is a list of the Expert Panelists.
1. Erica Lee Garcia, P.Eng. Engineers of Tomorrow Venture Lead Engineers Without Borders Canada (Technology Responding to Human Needs)
2. Antonio Santos, STEM, Central Coordinating Principal Teaching and Learning, Toronto District School Board ( STEM in TDSB – programs K-12 grades)
3. Nathan Stern, Community Project Coordinator, York University (Success pathways and Post Secondary education at York)
4. Susie Pan, Founder, Science Expo ( Youth in STEM)
5. Tracy Ross, Director of Membership, Actua (Codemakers and the Importance of Digital Literacy)
PLEASE FIND REGISTRATION INFORMATION BELOW:
If you wish more information please do not hesitate to call us at 647-739-4663 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for your kind consideration and for your support of this initiative.